FAQs on Information Technology Training (ITT) Course / Programme of ICAI
FAQs on ITT Course / Exam of ICAI relating to eligibility norms, detailed syllabus, course duration, fee structure, etc. are as under:
1. What is Information Technology Training (ITT)?
As a part of the scheme of education and training for Chartered Accountancy Course, a student has to mandatorily pursue a course on 100 hours Information Technology Training from any of the ITT Centers established at Regional Offices/ branches and Chapters of ICAI all over the country.
2. What are the eligibility norms for a student to undergo 100 hours ITT?
3. Who will conduct the 100 hours IT Training?
The 100 hours ITT is conducted through ITT centers established by the ICAI. A student can join any of the accredited Regional Office/Branch IT Centre for undergoing this training. The details of accredited Regional Office/Branch IT Centers are hosted on the ICAI website.
4. Is it necessary fora student to get registered with the Board of Studies for undergoing 100 hours ITT?
No, when a student registers for IPCC with the Institute, automatically he/she is granted registration for ITT. Registration fee for Information Technology Training (ITT) is Rs. 2,000/-.
5. Is there any separate fees required for undergoing the 100 hours IT Training?
Yes, the course fee payable to the Branch for ITT is Rs. 4,000. This fee is inclusive of all costs such as the cost of registration for the course, library fee, computer and Internet usage charges and cost of conducting training, module tests, project and final online examination. It also includes the cost for evaluation, marking, preparing results for issuance of completion certificate and submitting the list of eligible candidates to the Board of Studies, ICAI, Noida.
6. Where a student has to deposit this course fee?
A student has to deposit the course fee of Rs. 4000/- to the concerned Regional Office/ Branch/CPE Chapter IT Centre where he/she wishes to pursue the training.
7. Is there any exemption to the disabled student from undertaking 100 hrs ITT?
Disabled students are exempted from undergoing 100 Hours ITT with accredited Branches. They have to self-study the course materials for at least three months and qualify two specially designed test papers supplied on request by the concerned Regional Office. Disabled student has to submit a certificate of suffering from disability, certified by a physician / surgeon / oculist working in a Government hospital, as the case may be.
8. Who shall be defined as a disabled student?
The following shall be regarded as disability:-
a. Blindness – “Blindness” refers to a condition where a person suffers from any of the following conditions, namely i) total absence of sight; ii) visual acuity not exceeding 6/60 or 20/200 (snellen) in the better eye with correcting lenses; or iii) limitation of the field of vision subtending an angle of 20 degree or worse.
b. Low vision – “Low vision” means a person with impairment of visual functioning even after treatment or standard refractive correction but who uses or is potentially capable of using vision for the planning or execution of a task with appropriate assistive device.
c. Leprosy cured – “Leprosy cured” means any person who has been cured of leprosy but is suffering from i) loss of sensation in hands or feet as well as loss of sensation and paresis in the eye and eye-lid but with no manifest deformity; ii) manifest deformity and paresis but having sufficient mobility in their hands and feet to enable them to engage in normal economic activity; iii) extreme physical deformity as well as advanced age which prevents him from undertaking any gainful occupation, and the expression “leprosy cured” shall be constructed accordingly.
d. Hearing impairment – “Hearing impairment” means loss of sixty decibels or more in the better ear in the conversational range of frequencies.
e. Locomotors disability – “Locomotors disability” means disability of the bones, joints or muscles leading to substantial restriction of the movement of the limbs or any form of cerebral palsy.
f. Permanent and total loss of voice.
g. Any other physical disability which is not covered above, but permanently suffering from 50% or above, as the case may be, submit an application for consideration on case to case basis.
9. What is the day wise schedule of the ITT Centers while conducting IT Training?
The branches follow a teaching schedule of 3-5 hrs per day, covering 100 hrs in maximum 40 days. Normally, it is completed in 25 days @ 4 hours per day.
10. Does the Board of Studies provide any study material for ITT to the students?
Yes, the Board of Studies provides set of study modules covering various topics of the ITT. These are issued to students along with other study material at the time of registration for IPCC
11. Can a student undergo ITT from the first day of registration in IPCC scheme?
Yes, a student is eligible to enroll for 100 hours ITT course on receiving the registration letter for IPCC course.
12. Is 100 hours ITT part of the articled training?
Under the new Schemes of Education and Training, a student has to complete his/her 100 hours ITT before commencement of his/her articleship.
13. What is the time duration allotted to various topics of the syllabus in 100 hours ITT?
14. Is there any Final Examination in 100 hrs ITT course?
Yes, the Final online examination of the duration of 3 hours would comprise of 200 objective type questions of 1½ mark each totaling 300 marks. The weightage of final online examination is 60%.
15. What are the eligibility criteria to appear for ITT Online Examination?
A student becomes eligible to appear for online examination only if he/she fulfills the following conditions:
i) 90% attendance during the ITT Course.
ii) Passed both the Module Tests I and II by securing at least 50% marks in each module.
iii) Submitted the project strictly as per ITT guidelines.
16. What is the evaluation process of 100 Hours ITT?
17. On failing to fulfill the eligibility criteria of 90% attendance; what steps can a student take to complete the IT training?
18. Does the Institute issue certificate to a student after the successful completion of 100 hours ITT?
Yes, a student who successfully completes 100 hours ITT course, a completion certificate is issued by the ITT center at which the student has pursued the course.
19. What is the detailed syllabus of the ITT course?