DGFT Instructions on Applications for IEC or Modification in IEC
A. IEC Issue / Modification Application Form ANF 2A revised by DGFT
The DGFT has notified the amended Form ANF 2A [Application for Issue / Modification in Importer Exporter Code Number (IEC)] and Bank Certificate ANF-2A (i), as attached. The manual mode of applications for IEC is not available now as only online applications for IEC /modification in IEC would be accepted with digital signatures w.e.f. 1.4.2016. After processing the application, the DGFT will communicate regarding grant or refusal of IEC within two working days.
As regards modification in IEC, applicant is required to upload documents corresponding to the modification required in their IEC. For e.g change in address may be corroborated by any document like a sale deed in case business premise is self-owned; or Rental/Lease Agreement, in case office is rented/ leased; or latest electricity /telephone bill, bearing the applicant entity’s name and new address.
B. Summarised Guidelines for Online IEC Number Issue / Modification Application
1. Applicants are advised to read the instructions carefully before applying.
2. Effective from 1.4.2016 only online mode of application for IEC /modification in IEC will be available.
3. Applications for IEC /modification in IEC can be made online only by applicants with digital signature (class-II or class-III) w.e.f 1.4.2016.
4. Applicants are advised to visit http://dgft.gov.in/exim/2000/digsig.htm for details regarding obtaining digital signature from (n) Code Solutions CA; e-Mudhra; and Safescrypt [Sifycomm /Sify Communication Limited (Formerly SafeScrypt Limited)]
5. Online applications require only 2 documents i.e. (i) PAN; and (ii) Cancelled Cheque bearing entity’s pre-printed name or Bank Certificate, to be uploaded.
6. Signatory applicants seeking IEC are required to upload their Digital Photograph (3x3cm).
7. Online application form(ANF-2A) for new IEC/modification in IEC is attached.
8. Format of Bank Certificate is as per attached ANF-2A(i).
9. Ensure that the documents are legible before uploading.
10. The documents should be uploaded in digital format–GIF, JPEG size not exceeding 5MB.
11. Ensure that details filled in the application match with details as in the uploaded documents, i.e (i) PAN; and (ii) Cancelled Cheque or Bank Certificate.
12. Information furnished in the application form will be cross-checked with the uploaded documents and verified with details available at http://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/ and http://www.mca.gov.in as per the check list attached (Annexure-I).
13. Applicants must ensure that their details as uploaded, and as available in the aforesaid websites, matches with the details as filled in the application form. Any mismatch in corresponding details will lead to rejection of application.
14. Applicants must also read through the General instructions as at the end of the application, before submission of the application, to ensure that the form has been filled correctly.
15. Applicants can also cross-check their application details as per the check sheet attached to ensure correct submission of information.
16. Online IEC applications once rejected will not be processed any further. Applicant’s desirous of seeking IEC will have to apply afresh, by paying the processing fees of Rs 500/-.
17. Instruction for modification in IEC is detailed in Part G of ANF-2A
C. DGFT to accept applications for changes in PAN information in IEC and also applications with digital signatures of POA
DGFT has noticed that applicants are still facing difficulties in seeking modification in their IEC, specially in the cases where there is a change in the PAN due to a change in the constitution of the firm. DGFT has instructed Regional Authorities to henceforth consider applications seeking modification in IEC, involving change in PAN, by ensuring that liabilities of the previous applicant/applicant firm are transferred to the new applicant/applicant firm whose PAN will be reflecting in the modified IEC. Further, DGFT has instructed the Regional Authorities that IEC Issue / Modification Applications digitally signed by power of attorney holders/authorised signatories are to be entertained.
D. Exporters / Importers of Services urged by DGFT to Voluntarily obtain IEC for proper reporting of trade statistics relating to export/import of services
DGFT vide Trade Notice No. 13/2015-20 dt. 15th Jan. 2016 has urged all the exporters of services those who do not possess IEC, to voluntarily obtain IEC from Regional Authorities of (RAs) of DGFT, so that trade statistics relating to export/import of services can be captured effectively. All trade and industry chambers have also been requested to impress upon their members (exporters of services) to voluntarily obtain IEC and use it while effecting export /import of services. 2173458