FAQs on GMCS course of ICAI, including information on eligibility, syllabus, fee structure, duration, examination, etc. are as under:
1. What is General Management & Communication Skills (GMCS) Course?
General Management & Communication Skills Course is 15 days full time course introduced to equip the entrants to the profession with interpersonal and management skills. This course is a prerequisite for membership enrolment of the Institute under regulation 51A/72A
2. What is the eligibility for attending GMCS Course?
(i) A student who has passed Intermediate / Professional Education (Examination – II) and registered in Final Course and either has completed practical training or is serving last 12 months of practical training is eligible to undergo the course.
(ii) A student who has passed Professional Competence Course / Integrated Professional Competence Course and registered for Final Course and either has completed practical training or is serving last 12 months of practical training is eligible to undergo the course.
3. What is the exception for the students who attend Four Weeks Residential Programme?
A student who completes Four Weeks Residential Professional Skills Development programme organized by the Board of Studies will not be required to undergo GMCS Course.
4. What is the fee structure for attending GMCS Course?
The fees for attending GMCS Course shall not exceed Rs.5500/- per student (w.e.f. 1st July, 2013) on non-residential basis inclusive of course and study materials. The fee structure does not apply to Dubai Overseas Office.
5. What is the duration of GMCS Course?
The duration of the course is 15 days full time. Classes may be held 6 hours each day for 6 days a week (15 X 6 = 90 hours).
6. Is GMCS Course organized during weekends?
For working Chartered Accountants, the Regional Councils / Branches may organize GMCS batches during weekends under same rules and regulations as applicable for regular batches.
7. Who can organize GMCS Course?
The Regional Councils and their Branches may organize GMCS Course.
8. Is there any provision of exemption from payment of fee?
(i) Disabled Students, suffering 50% or above permanent disability are exempted from payment of fee and compulsorily attending GMCS Course. However, they are required to appear for two test papers of 3 hours each.
(ii) The wards of employees are granted full fee concession for undergoing the GMCS course.
9. Does Board of Studies provide any study material for this course?
The Board of Studies provides study material for this course. The study materials are delivered to the Regional Councils / Branches on their request for distribution to the students after registering for the course.
10. Is there any examination of this course?
There is no examination conducted after completion of this course. However, the students are required to complete the course without discontinuity.
11. Will the students get a certificate after the successful completion of the course?
The students will get a certificate from the organizing centre after successful completion of the course.
12. What is the detailed syllabus of GMCS Course?
Please visit ICAI website for official/ updated information.