GSTN has Advisory dated September 27, 2023 stating that there is a short term pause in e-Invoice Auto-population into GSTR-1:
1. GSTN has notified taxpayers that the auto-population of e-Invoice in GSTR-1 has been temporarily paused due to system enhancements that would include the introduction of e-Invoice JSON download functionality.
2. This will have a temporary impact on the e-Invoice data auto population in GSTR-1, which will be unavailable from all six IRP portals from September 26th to September 29th, 2023.
3. The data for the duration will be auto-populated on September 30, 2023, and will have no impact on GSTR-1 filing for the following month. Please avoid manually inputting invoices during this period, as the break will only be short.
4. Please schedule your actions accordingly.
5. More information on the e-invoice JSON download functionality will be provided in a separate advisory shortly.