ICAI’s Revised/ Objective Pattern of Assessment from May, 2019 Exams (CA Inter/ IIPCE, Final)

ICAI’s Revised/ Objective Pattern of Assessment from May, 2019 Exams (CA Intermediate/ IIPCE, Final – Old and New Schemes)

ICAI has announced that from May 2019 Exams, the pattern of assessment would be made partially objective in certain subjects/ select papers, in respect of the Intermediate/ IIPCE and Final level (new and old scheme of education and training).

In select papers wherein objective pattern would be adopted, the weightage for objective type questions would be 30% and remaining questions i.e., 70% of the paper would be as per the present pattern of assessment, i.e. objective type questions will be for 30 Marks in each 100 marks paper. They would be in the nature of multiple choice questions (MCQs) carrying 1 or 2 marks. Each MCQ will have 4 options, out of which 1 option would be the correct answer. The 1 mark MCQs would be in the range of 10 to 16 MCQs; the 2 mark MCQs would be in the range of 7 to 10 MCQs.

The MCQs will be compulsory and there would be no internal or external choice in them. The MCQs may be either knowledge-based or application-based. The skill level would be either “knowledge and comprehension” or “application and analysis”. There will be no negative marking for wrong answers. No reasoning is required for answers to MCQs.

ICAI Announcement dt. 21 Jan. 2019

Leave a Reply