MCA has announced a Scheme for condonation of delays for Companies restored by NCLT during December 2020 u/s 252 of the Companies Act, 2013, which waives the additional fee payable in respect of filing of certain forms with ROC upto 31/03/2021.
MCA has introduced “Scheme for condonation of delay for companies restored on the Register of Companies between 01/12/2020 and 31/12/2020, under section 252 of the Companies Act, 2013”. The scheme provides for condonation of delay and waiver of additional fees in filing of forms (all e-forms except E-form SH-7 where any increase in authorised share capital is involved and Charge Related Documents such as CHG1, CHG-4, CHG-8 and CHG-9).
|MCA Update dt. 25/01/2021: Stakeholders may please note that Scheme for condonation of delay for companies restored between 01/12/2020 and 31/12/2020 u/s 252 vide circular no. 03/2021 shall come into effective from 01/02/2021. Companies which have obtained orders of Hon’ble NCLT under section 252 of CA 2013 dated between 01/12/2020 and 31/12/2020 are requested to approach the concerned jurisdictional ROCs along with copy of NCLT order, challan copy towards payment of cost as imposed by Hon’ble NCLT to avail the benefit of the scheme and/to mark the company’s status from ‘Strike off’ to ‘Active’. Further, to avoid last minute rush and any hardship in filing documents on the MCA21 portal, stakeholders are advised to approach the ROCs at the earliest and shall not wait till the last date.|
MCA General Circular 03/2021 dt. 15/01/2021: Scheme for condonation of delay for companies restored on the Register of Companies during December 2020, u/s 252 of the Companies Act, 2013
1. The Companies Fresh Start Scheme, 2020 [CFSS-2020], operationalized vide General Circular No. 12/2020, dated 30/03/2020 and extended vide General Circular No. 30/2020, dated 28/09/2020 is no longer applicable for various filings done under the provisions of the Companies Act, 2013 [the Act].
2. Representations have been received in this Ministry requesting for relief as some companies had preferred appeals under section 252 of the Act against the orders of striking off the names of the companies before the respective Benches of the National Company Law Tribunals [NCLTs] and the order(s) by NCLT Benches were issued during December, 2020. In view of this, such companies could not avail the benefit of filing under CFSS 2020 by 31/12/2020 and are liable to be levied additional fees upon filing of overdue e-forms.
3. The matter has been examined and it has been decided that the afore-mentioned companies may be provided the benefit of waiver of additional fees in respect of overdue filings to be made by them pursuant to the NCLT Order under section 252 of the Act, without any immunity from civil/ criminal proceedings, etc.
4. Accordingly, the Central Government in exercise of its powers conferred under section 460 read with section 403 of the Act has decided to introduce the Scheme namely, “Scheme for condonation of delay for companies restored on the Register of Companies between 01 December 2020 and 31 December 2020, under section 252 of the Companies Act, 2013” for the purpose of condoning the delay in filing forms with the Registrar, insofar as it relates to charging of additional fees on account of delay in such filings.
5. The details of the Scheme are as under:-
(i) The Scheme shall come into effect from 01/02/2021.
(ii) Applicability: The Scheme shall be applicable in respect of companies in respect of whom the appeal filed under section 252 of the Act with the respective NCLT Bench for the restoration of the name of the company was disposed of between 01/12/2020 to 31/12/2020, with an order for restoration of the company.
(iii) Duration of the Scheme: The last date for filing of any overdue e-forms by such companies under the scheme shall be 31/03/2021.
(iv) Forms for which the Scheme shall be applicable: The Scheme shall be applicable in respect of filing of all e-forms [except where any increase in authorized capital is involved (e-Form SH-7) and charge related documents (e-forms CHG-1, CHG-4, CHG-8 and CHG-9) which are required to be filed with the Registrar.
(v) Applicable Fees: Every company shall be required to pay normal filing fees under the Companies (Registration Offices and Fees) Rules, 2014 on the date of filing and no additional fees shall be payable for the forms for which the scheme is applicable.
|MCA Updates (Company Law)|
|Company Law General Circulars, Notifications, Orders, etc. issued by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA), in different years:|
|MCA General Circulars: 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016|
|MCA Notifications: 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015|
|MCA Orders: 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015|
|IBBI Notifications: 2021|
|Note: For Official/ updated copy, please visit the MCA website.|