GSTP Exam on 31 Oct. 2018 for ‘Confirmation of Enrollment on GST Network’ under CGST Rule 83(3): NACIN
NACIN will conduct Exam for ‘Confirmation of GSTP Enrollment’ under CGST Rule 83(3), on 31 Oct. 2018, for those who are covered under CGST Rule 83(1)(b), i.e. sales tax practitioners (STP) or tax return preparer (TRP) under the existing law for a period of not less than five years enrolled as GSTP on GST Network. These GSTPs are required to pass the said exam before 31 Dec. 2018.
Last date for GSTP Exam Registration extended by CBIC from 10 Oct. to 15 Oct. 2018. All eligible candidates can register themselves on NACIN portal using the link provided on NACEN and CBIC websites under the TAB “GSTP Exam Registration”.
For clarification on the issue whether this GSTP exam is to be passed by all Chartered Accountants (CAs), etc. qualified professionals, please read Rule 83 of CGST Rules 2017: Provisions relating to a Goods and Services Tax (GST) Practitioner. It’s amply clear that there a separate category of GSTPs those who have to pass the exam, which is indicated in Clause (b) of Sub Rule (1) of Rule 83. This category of GSTPs represent the Sales Tax Practitioners (STPs) or Tax Return Preparers (TRPs) in the existing/ erstwhile VAT, Service Tax, etc. laws. However those who fall in clause (a) or (c) of the said Sub Rule (1) of Rule 83 need not go for this GSTP Exam.
Important Dates: GSTP Exam
|Commencement of on-line submission of application form||25/09/2018 at 00:00 AM|
|Last Date of submitting the details Application form||10/10/2018 at 11:59:59 PM
Extended upto 15 Oct. 2018*
|Hall Ticket / Admit Card can be downloaded (Tentative)||20/10/2018|
|Date of Computer Based Test||31/10/2018|
|Declaration of Result / Merit List (Tentative)||05/11/2018|
The National Academy of Customs, Indirect Taxes and Narcotics (NACIN) has been authorized to conduct an examination for confirmation of enrollment of Goods and Services Tax Practitioners (GSTPs) in terms of the sub-rule (3) of rule 83 of the Central Goods and Services Tax Rules, 2017, vide Notification No. 24/2018-Central Tax dated 28.5.2018.
The GSTPs enrolled on the GST Network under sub-rule (2) of Rule 83 and covered by clause (b) of sub-rule (1) of Rule 83, i.e. those meeting the eligibility criteria of having enrolled as sales tax practitioners or tax return preparer under the existing law for a period not less than five years, are required to pass the said examination before 31.12.2018 in terms of second proviso to rule 83(3). The examination for such GSTPs shall be conducted on 31.10.2018 from 1100 hrs to 1330 hrs at designated examination centres across India.
It will be a Computer Based Exam. The registration for this exam can be done by the eligible GSTPs on a registration portal, link of which (https://nacin.onlineregistrationform.org/) will also be provided on NACIN and CBIC websites. The registration portal will be activated on 25th September, 2018 and will remain open upto 10th Oct 2018. For convenience of candidates, a help desk will also be set up, details of which will be made available on the registration portal. The applicants are required to make online payment of examination fee of Rs. 500/- at the time of registration for this exam.
Pattern and Syllabus of the Examination for Confirmation of GSTP Enrollment
A. PAPER: GST Law & Procedures
Time allowed: 2 hours and 30 minutes
Number of Multiple Choice Questions: 100
Language of Questions: English and Hindi
Maximum marks: 200
Qualifying marks: 100
No negative marking
8. All State Goods and Services Tax Rules, 2017
Technical Queries (GSTP Exam): Login, Photo/ Signature Upload, Payment
|Phone No.||022-6250 7718 (Timing 10:00 AM to 05:00 PM Monday to Saturday)|
Eligibility Queries (GSTP Exam)
|Phone No.||0129-2504 653 (Timing 10:00 AM to 05:00 PM Monday to Friday, on working days and hours only)|
Instructions for Candidates of GSTP Exam
Please carefully read the following instructions for filling up GSTP Exam application form:
1. Only those GST Practitioners are eligible to login who qualify the criteria specified at clause (b) of sub-rule (1) of rule 83 of the CGST Rules 2017 and whose enrolment on GST portal in terms of sub-rule (2) has already been approved as on 24.09.2018.
2. Candidates are required to login on Examination registration portal with the help of GST enrollment number (login id) and PAN no. (password).
3. The GST enrollment number has been provided to each eligible candidate by GSTN on his enrollment on the GST portal.
4. Application form will appear on the screen after a candidate successfully logs in.
5. Based on the GST enrollment number and PAN number provided by a candidate on the login page, the application form will auto-populate candidate’s data already available with the GST Network such as name, address, mobile number, email address etc. This data is the same which was provided by the candidate in Form PCT-01 while applying for enrollment as GST Practitioner on the GST portal.
6. Hence, in the online application form on this Examination registration portal, a candidate is required to fill in/provide only the following information/documents:
a) three choices of test centers (stations) from the drop-down menu,
b) soft copy of passport size photograph (File Type JPG, JPEG, PNG of Size 20 to 60 KB), and
c) soft copy of signatures(File Type JPG, JPEG, PNG of Size 10 to 30 KB).
7. The candidates will be prompted to choose from the following list of test centres (stations):
|Sr. No.||City Name||Sr. No.||City Name|
8. Once a candidate submits completed application form on the registration portal, he will be prompted to pay the examination fee of Rs 500 online.
9. On completion of online fee payment, the candidate will be guided to access ‘Candidate’s Dashboard’ from where the submitted application as well as Admit Card can be downloaded. Score card and Examination Certificate will also be made available for download on the same Dashboard.