Procedure for obtaining Evaluated Answer Books from ICAI
A. Guidelines for obtaining Evaluated Answer Books from ICAI
1. An examinee may seek inspection/certified copies of answer books from ICAI, in the prescribed format (copy enclosed) along with applicable fee, within 30 days from the date of declaration of respective result(s). They may also apply online at icaiexam.icai.org and pay the applicable fee online. There is no provision for submission of such requests with late fee. Applications received later than 30 days from the date of declaration of results will not be entertained under any
2. The fee is Rs 500/- per paper for Final, Intermediate (IPC)/ATE/Unit, CPT and post qualification courses.
3. Before providing certified copies/inspection of evaluated answer books to the examinees, verification of answer books, within the scope of Regulation 39(4), will be carried out, by the office, suo moto, in respect of all applications for inspection and/or certified copy of evaluated answer book(s).
Verification under Regulation 39(4) covers the following aspects:
i) Whether any question or part thereof has remained unvalued;
ii) Whether there is any totaling error in any question or total marks on the cover page
iii) Whether there is any discrepancy between the step-wise marks, total marks for each question indicated on the cover page
However, it may be noted that re-evaluation of answers is not permissible under Regulation 39(4).
4. Consequent upon supply of certified copies/inspection of evaluated answer books, discrepancy if any, within the scope of verification as envisaged in Regulation 39(4) is noticed by the examinees, the examinees shall have the option to bring it to the notice of the office, within one month from the date of dispatch of certified copies/inspection of evaluated answer books.
5. Inspection/supply of evaluated answer books will be provided, generally, within 30 days from the date of receipt of the application by ICAI, complete in all respects including signed Declaration and requisite fee.
6. In the case of a request for supply of certified copies of evaluated answer books relating to Common Proficiency Test (CPT) and ISA(AT), only photocopy of the relevant OMR answer sheet will be provided. The relevant question paper or the key will not be provided.
7. Inspection/certified copies of evaluated answer books of the examinees would be provided to the concerned examinee only and to no other person, under any circumstances.
B. Procedure for obtaining Evaluated Answer Books from ICAI
8. Physical applications, should be in the handwriting of the candidate himself/herself.
9. Physically/ visually/ mentally challenged examinees who had been permitted by ICAI to engage the services of a scribe/writer for writing the examination, shall submit the application seeking inspection of the relevant evaluated answer books, in the handwriting of the same scribe/writer.
10. If the examinee had appeared in Hindi medium, his/her application should be in Hindi
11. Typewritten applications will not be entertained.
12. The application should be duly signed by the examinee.
13. The examinee shall also furnish a declaration in the format prescribed. (Copy enclosed)
14. The hand written application accompanied by the applicable fee and a copy of the admit card should be sent at the following address:-
The Additional Secretary (Examination), The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
ICAI Bhawan, Indraprastha Marg, New Delhi 110 002
15. The application should be sent by registered post or by speed post only and not by any private courier or ordinary post, at the above address. Examinees are advised to retain a copy of the receipt issued by the postal authorities while sending their application as evidence of having despatched their application.
16. Applications incomplete in any respect and/or with illegible entries or without the applicable fee or the prescribed “Declaration” shall be liable to be rejected.
17. The fees is payable by way of a demand draft drawn in favour of “The Secretary, The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India” payable at New Delhi and sent along with the application for inspection/certified copies of evaluated answer books. Examinees are advised to write their name and roll number on the reverse of the demand draft.
18. ICAI shall host the data of applications ( both online and physical) received from the examinees seeking inspection/certified copies of answer books, at icaiexam.icai.org. Applicants can check the status of their applications from the said website.
19. Under no circumstances, inspection/certified copies of answer books will be given to those examinees whose results have been withheld/cancelled/have not been declared for any reason whatsoever. Similarly no access to answer books will be allowed to examinees against whom unfair means cases are reported/under consideration.
20. ICAI reserves the right to decline the request of any examinee for inspection/certified copies of evaluated answer books, in case it has reason to believe that the request has been made with a malicious intention to discredit the examination system of the Institute.
21. If the examinee is found guilty of any misuse of the inspection/certified copies of the evaluated answer books, he/she shall be liable for award of punishment, such as debarment from appearing at further examination(s) or other action as may be deemed fit by the Examination Committee/Council of the Institute in this regard.
22. The decision of the Examination Committee/Council of the Institute in this regard will be final.
23. For any/all dispute(s) relating to examinations conducted by the Institute, including on the abovementioned matters, the Courts at New Delhi shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
24. Contact details:
E-mail IDs, as per the exam: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Help Desk: 0120 3054 851, 852, 853, 835; CPT : 0120 3054 805, 806; Intermediate(IPC) Exam : 0120 3894 810, 832; Final : 0120 3054 808, 809; Post qualification courses : 0120 3054 836; Fax 0120-3054841/843
C. Points relevant for inspection of evaluated answer books only
25. The examinee will be advised in writing, the date and time at which he/she can inspect his/her evaluated answer books. They will be required to come for inspection at the appointed date and time only and request for change of date/time will generally not be permitted.
26. ICAI shall also host the details of the roll numbers of the examinees who have been called for inspection of the evaluated answer books on its website icaiexam.icai.org on a regular basis for the information of the examinees.
27. Inspection of answer books will be given only to the examinees , at their own cost, and not to their parents, guardians, or any other person representing the examinee, in this behalf. At the time of physical inspection, only the examinee will be permitted to inspect and no one else will be permitted to accompany him/her.
28. Physically challenged examinees ( including those who are visually challenged and those challenged by cerebral palsy etc) and have been allowed the facility of a writer for the examination in question, will have the option to bring along the same person, who acted as his/her writer, for inspection of his/her answer books, at their own cost.
29. Inspection of evaluated answer books will be given only at the ICAI’s office at NOIDA, at the following address, on working days at the appointed date and time. Inspection of the answer books shall not be allowed at any other location of the Institute’s offices.
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, ICAI Bhawan
A-29, Sector 62, Dist. Gautam Buddh Nagar (U.P), NOIDA 201309
30. The examinee will be required to produce his/her admit card or his student identity card or any other photo identity card duly certified by a Chartered Accountant, at the time of inspection of answer books as a proof of his identity.
31. The examinee will not be allowed to carry mobile phone, camera or any other electronic gadget or any paper or pen at the time of inspection.
32. However, the examinee will be permitted to carry the relevant question paper and also note down question-wise marks secured by him/her, on a sheet of paper with pencil supplied by the Institute. 33. No queries relating to the examination, evaluation, or any other thing that may arise from the inspection of the answer books or otherwise, by the examinees, will be entertained during the process of inspection.
34. The examinees are required to sign a register in acknowledgement of having availed of the inspection of evaluated answer books.
35. Inspection of a set of evaluated answer books will be permitted only once.
D. Points relevant for providing certified copies of evaluated answer books only
36. Certified copies of the same set of evaluated answer books will be provided only once.
37. ICAI shall provide certified copies of evaluated answer books ( in single copy only).
38. ICAI shall host the dispatch status of applications for certified copies of answer books ( both online and physical) at icaiexam.icai.org. Applicants can check whether the certified copies sought by them, have been dispatched from the said website.
39. On receipt of certified copies of the evaluated answer books, the examinee shall be the sole custodian of it and under any circumstances the examinee shall not part with the custody/possession of the same and also shall not use the same for any other purpose/s, including reference to experts/media etc.
40. The certified copies so obtained by the examinee shall be for his/her exclusive use. Neither the said examinee nor any other person can use the said copy to dispute or challenge the quality of assessment or quantum of marks assigned to the answers therein.