Govt. of India has spent Rs. 29.87 Lac Crores on various relief measures covering several sectors, including health infrastructure under the Atmanirbhar Bharat Packages, during COVID-19 pandemic, to provide necessary impetus to the existing projects and help in boosting the economy.
MoF, GOI Press Release dt. 19/07/2021 : Various Government measures for relief to several sectors during COVID-19 pandemic. Annexure
The Government has announced various relief measures for several sectors including health infrastructure under the Atmanirbhar Bharat Packages announced on 13/05/2020 to 17/05/2020, 12/10/2020 & 12/11/2021 involving a total amount of Rs. 29,87,641 crore (including amount provided for the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Package, Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana from July to November, and measures announced by RBI). This was stated by Minister of State for Finance Shri Pankaj Chaudhary in a written reply to a question in the Lok Sabha today.
The Minister stated that besides the above Packages, Rs 6.28 lakh crore COVID relief package has also been announced on 28.06.2021. The details of the measures are at Annexure. These measures will provide necessary impetus to the existing projects and help in boosting the economy, the Minister stated.
A. Announcements made on 13/05/2020:
1. Rs. 3 lakh crore Emergency Working Capital Facility for Businesses, including MSMEs
2. Rs. 20,000 crore Subordinate Debt for Stressed MSMEs
3. Rs. 50,000 crore equity infusion through MSME Fund of Funds
4. New Definition of MSME and other Measures for MSME
5. No Global tenders for Government tenders of upto Rs.200 crore.
6. Extending the Employees Provident Fund Support for business and organised workers for another 3 months for salary months of June, July and August 2020
7. EPF Contribution to be reduced for Employers and Employees for 3 months to 10% from 12% for all establishments covered by EPFO for next 3 months
8. Rs. 30,000 crore Special Liquidity Scheme for NBFC/ HFC/ MFIs
9. Rs. 45,000 crore Partial credit guarantee Scheme 2.0 for Liabilities of NBFCs/ MFIs
10. Rs. 90,000 crore Liquidity Injection for DISCOMs
11. Relief to Contractors given by extension of up to six months for completion of contractual obligations, including in respect of EPC and concession agreements
12. Relief to Real Estate Projects the registration and completion date for all registered projects will be extended up to six months.
13. Tax relief to business as pending income tax refunds to charitable trusts and non-corporate businesses and professions to be issued immediately
14. Reduction in Rates of ‘Tax Deduction at Source’ and ‘Tax Collected at Source” by 25% for the remaining period of FY 2020-21
15. Due Dates for various tax related compliances extended
B. Announcements made on 14/05/2020:
16. Free food grains supply to Migrants for 2 months.
17. Technology system to be used enabling Migrants to access PDS(Ration) from any Fair Price Shops in India by March,2021 (One Nation one Ration Card)
18. Scheme for Affordable Rental Housing Complexes for Migrant Workers and Urban Poor to be launched
19. 2% Interest Subvention for 12 months for Shishu MUDRA loanees: Relief of Rs. 1500 crore
20. Rs. 5000 crore Credit facility for Street Vendors.
21. Rs.70,000 crore boost to housing sector and middle income group through extension of Credit
Linked Subsidy Scheme for MIG under PMAY(Urban)
22. Rs. 6,000 crore for Creating employment using CAMPA funds
23. Rs. 30,000 crore Additional Emergency Working Capital for farmers through NABARD
24. Rs. 2 lakh crore concessional credit boost to 2.5 crore farmers under Kisan Credit Card Scheme
C. Announcements made on 15/05/2020:
25. Rs. 1 lakh crore Agri Infrastructure Fund for farm-gate infrastructure for farmers
26. Rs. 10,000 crore scheme for formalisation of Micro Food Enterprises (MFE)
27. Rs. 20,000 crore for Fishermen through Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY)
28. National Animal Disease Control Programme
29. Setting up of Animal Husbandry Infrastructure Development Fund: Rs. 15,000 crore
30. Promotion of Herbal Cultivation: outlay of Rs. 4,000 crore
31. Beekeeping initiatives: Rs. 500 crore
32. From ‘TOP’ to TOTAL: Rs. 500 crore [Operation Greens Scheme TOP to TOTAL provides 50% subsidy on transport and storage of notified fruits and vegetables if prices of such fruits or vegetables are below the trigger price.
33. Measures for Governance and Administrative Reforms for Agriculture Sector
i. Amendments to Essential Commodities Act to enable better price realisation for farmers
ii. Agriculture Marketing Reforms to provide marketing choices to farmers
iii. Agriculture Produce Price and Quality Assurance
D. Announcements made on 16/05/2020:
34. Commercial Mining introduced in Coal Sector
35. Diversified Opportunities in Coal Sector
36. Liberalised Regime in Coal Sector
37. Enhancing Private Investments and Policy Reforms in Mineral Sector
38. Enhancing Self Reliance in Defence Production
39. Policy Reforms in Defence Production
40. Efficient Airspace Management for Civil Aviation
41. More World-Class Airports through PPP
42. India to become a global hub for Aircraft Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO)
43. Tariff Policy Reform in Power Sector; Privatization of Distribution in UTs
44. Boosting private sector investment through revamped Viability Gap Funding Scheme in Social Sector
45. Boosting private participation in space activities
46. Reforms in Atomic Energy Sector
E. Announcements made on 17/05/2020
47. Rs. 40,000 crore increase in allocation for MGNREGS to provide employment boost
48. Increased investments in Public Health and other health reforms to prepare India for future pandemics
49. Technology Driven Education with Equity post-COVID
50. Further enhancement of Ease of Doing Business through IBC related measures
51. Decriminalisation of Companies Act defaults
52. Ease of Doing Business for Corporates
53. Public Sector Enterprise Policy for a New, Self-reliant India
54. Increase borrowing limits of States from 3% to 5% for 2020-21 only & promoting State level reforms
F. Announcements made on 12/10/2020:
55. LTC Cash Voucher Scheme: cash payment to employees in lieu of one LTC during 2018-21, (full payment on Leave encashment and tax-free payment of LTC fare)
56. Special Festival Advance Scheme: interest-free advance of Rs. 10,000, in the form of a prepaid RuPay Card, to be spent by 31/03/2021.
57. Capital Expenditure Boost for States: A special interest-free 50-year loan to states for ₹ 12,000 crore capital expenditure
i) ₹ 200 crore each for 8 North East states
ii) ₹ 450 crore each Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh
iii) ₹ 7,500 crore for remaining states, as per share of Finance Commission’s devolution
58. Capital Expenditure Boost for the Centre: Additional budget of ₹ 25,000 crore (in addition to ₹ 4.13 lakh crore given in Budget 2020-21) provided for capital expenditure on roads, defence, water supply, urban development and domestically produced capital equipment.
G. Announcements made on 12/11/2020:
59. Aatma Nirbhar Bharat Rozgar Yojana: to incentivize job creation during COVID-19 recovery. If EPFO-registered establishments take in new employees without EPFO numbers or those who lost jobs earlier, the Yojana will benefit these employees.
60. Emergency Credit Line Guarantee Scheme for MSMEs, businesses, MUDRA borrowers and individuals (loans for business purposes), extended till 31/03/2021. Credit guarantee support scheme launched for Healthcare sector and 26 sectors stressed due to COVID-19. Entities will get additional credit up to 20% of outstanding credit; repayment can be done in five years (1 year moratorium + 4 years repayment).
61. Production Linked Incentive worth ₹ 1.46 Lakh Crore offered to 10 champion sectors.
62. ₹ 18,000 Crore Additional outlay for PM Awaas Yojana-Urban
63. Support for Construction & Infrastructure: Relaxation of Earnest Deposit Money & Performance Security on Government Tenders
64. Income Tax relief for Developers & Home Buyers
65. Platform for Infra Debt Financing
66. Support for Agriculture: ₹ 65,000 Crore for subsidized fertilizers
67. Boost for Rural Employment: Additional outlay of ₹ 10,000 Crore is being provided for PM Garib Kalyan Rozgar Yojana. Funds can be used for MGNREGA or for Gram Sadak Yojana, this will help accelerate rural economy.
68. Boost for Project Exports: ₹ 3,000 Crore boost to be given for project exports through assistance given by India to developing countries under Indian Development and Economic Assistance Scheme (IDEAS Scheme). This will help EXIM Bank facilitate these Line of Credit development assistance activities and promote exports from India.
69. Capital and Industrial Stimulus: ₹ 10,200 Crore additional budget stimulus will be provided for capital and industrial expenditure on defence equipment, industrial infrastructure and green energy.
70. R&D grant for COVID Vaccine: ₹ 900 Crore is being provided to Department of Biotechnology for research activities related to COVID-19 vaccine development. This does not include cost of vaccine or logistics for vaccine distribution (whatever is required for that will be provided)
H. Announcements made on 28/06/2021:
1. Rs. 1.1 lakh crore loan guarantee scheme for COVID affected sectors
2. Additional Rs. 1.5 lakh crore for Emergency Credit Line Guarantee Scheme
3. Credit Guarantee Scheme to facilitate loans to 25 lakh persons through Micro Finance Institutions (MFIs)
4. Financial support to more than 11,000 Registered Tourists/ Guides/ Travel and Tourism Stakeholders
5. Free one-month Tourist Visa to first 5 lakh tourists
6. Extension of Aatma Nirbhar Bharat Rozgar Yojana till 31/03/2022
7. Additional subsidy of Rs. 14,775 crores for DAP & P&K fertilizers
8. Extension of Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana (PMGKAY): Free food grains from May to November, 2021
9. Rs. 23,220 crores more for public health with emphasis on children and paediatric care/ paediatric beds
10. 21 varieties of bio-fortified crop for nutrition, climate resilience and other traits to be dedicated to the nation
11. Revival of North Eastern Regional Agricultural Marketing Corporation (NERAMAC) with package of Rs. 77.45 crore
12. Rs. 33,000 crore boost for project exports through National Export Insurance Account (NEIA)
13. Rs. 88,000 crore boost to Export Insurance Cover
14. Rs. 19,041 crores For Broadband to each Village through BharatNet PPP Model
15. Extension of Tenure of PLI Scheme for Large Scale Electronics Manufacturing till 2025-26
16. Rs. 3.03 lakh crore for Reform-Based/ Result-Linked Power Distribution Scheme
17. New Streamlined Process for PPP Projects and Asset Monetization