Provisions under Rule 10 of the Central Goods and Services Tax (CGST) Rules, 2017 relating to “Issue of Registration Certificate”, are as under:
CGST Rule 10: Issue of Registration Certificate (Chapter-III: Registration Rules)
(1) Subject to the provisions of sub-section (12) of section 25, where the application for grant of registration has been approved under rule 9, a certificate of registration in FORM GST REG 06 showing the principal place of business and additional place or places of business shall be made available to the applicant on the common portal and a Goods and Services Tax Identification Number shall be assigned subject to the following characters, namely:-
(a) two characters for the State code;
(b) ten characters for the Permanent Account Number or the Tax Deduction and Collection Account Number;
(c) two characters for the entity code; and
(d) one checksum character.
(2) The registration shall be effective from the date on which the person becomes liable to registration where the application for registration has been submitted within a period of thirty days from such date.
(3) Where an application for registration has been submitted by the applicant after the expiry of thirty days from the date of his becoming liable to registration, the effective date of registration shall be the date of the grant of registration under sub-rule (1) or sub-rule (3) or sub-rule (5) of rule 9.
(4) Every certificate of registration shall be
digitally signed duly signed or verified through electronic verification code by the proper officer under the Act.
(5) Where the registration has been granted under sub-rule (5) of rule 9, the applicant shall be communicated the registration number, and the certificate of registration under sub-rule (1), duly signed or verified through electronic verification code, shall be made available to him on the common portal, within a period of three days after the expiry of the period specified in sub-rule (5) of rule 9.
1. In sub-rule (4), the words “digitally signed” substituted with the words “duly signed or verified through electronic verification code” vide Central Tax Notification 7/2017 dt. 27/06/2017, w.e.f. 22/06/2017.
Note: The CGST Rules 2017 along with the prescribed Forms were initially notified vide Central Tax Notifications 3/2017 dt. 19/06/2017 (Rule 1 to 26), 10/2017 dt. 28/06/2017 (Rules 27 to 138) and 15/2017 dt. 01/07/2017 (Rules 139 to 162). These Rules/ Forms were subsequently amended by CBIC through various Notifications issued from time to time. Information on this page is a Rule-wise compilation of Amendments made by all such Notifications upto 29/12/2021, with best possible efforts for accuracy. In any case, E&OE. For official/ updated information, please visit CBIC website.
|CBIC Updates (GST)|
|GST Circulars, Notifications, Press Releases, Orders, etc. issued by the Central Board of Indirect Taxes & Customs (CBIC) in different years, along with Section-wise/ Rule-wise Text of GST Acts/ Rules:|
|CGST: CGST Act/ Definitions, CGST Rules, GST Forms|
|IGST: IGST Act/ Definitions, IGST Rules|
|UTGST: UTGST Act/ Definitions, UTGST Rules|
|CBIC Circulars (CGST/ IGST/ UTGST): 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017|
|CBIC GST Instructions: 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017|
|CBIC CGST Notifications: 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017|
|CBIC CGST Rate Notifications: 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017|
|CBIC IGST Notifications: 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017|
|CBIC IGST Rate Notifications: 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017|
|CBIC UT Tax/ UTGST Notifications: 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017|
|CBIC UT Tax/ UTGST Rate Notifications: 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017|
|CBIC Compensation Cess Notifications: 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017|
|CBIC Compensation Cess Rate Notifications: 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017|
|CBIC Orders (CGST/ IGST/ UTGST): 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017|
|CBIC Press Releases: 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017|
|GST Portal/ Network (GSTN) Updates|
|Note: For Official/ updated copy, please visit the CBIC website.|