Rule 100 of ‘Central Goods and Services Tax (CGST) Rules 2017’: Assessment in Certain Cases
Provisions under Rule 100 of the Central Goods and Services Tax (CGST) Rules, 2017 relating to “Assessment in Certain Cases”, are as under:
CGST Rule 100: Assessment in Certain Cases (Chapter-XI: Assessment and Audit)
(1) The order of assessment made under sub-section (1) of section 62 shall be issued in FORM GST ASMT-13.
(2) The proper officer shall issue a notice to a taxable person in accordance with the provisions of section 63 in FORM GST ASMT-14 containing the grounds on which the assessment is proposed to be made on best judgment basis and after allowing a time of fifteen days to such person to furnish his reply, if any, pass an order in FORM GST ASMT-15.
(3) The order of summary assessment under sub-section (1) of section 64 shall be issued in FORM GST ASMT-16.
(4) The person referred to in sub-section (2) of section 64 may file an application for withdrawal of the summary assessment order in FORM GST ASMT–17.
(5) The order of withdrawal or, as the case may be, rejection of the application under subsection (2) of section 64 shall be issued in FORM GST ASMT-18.
Above information is based on Updated Compilation of “CGST Rules 2017” (as amended upto 10 Sept. 2018) shared by CBIC (i.e. as notified/ amended upto 10 Sept. 2018 by the CBIC). For detailed information/ subsequent updates, please refer relevant Notifications.
It may be noted that Rules 27 to 138 (pertaining to various Chapters) of the Central Goods and Services Tax (CGST) Rules, 2017 were initially notified by CBIC (CBEC) vide CGST (2nd Amendment) Rules, 2017 Notification No. 10/2017 Central Tax dt. 28 June 2017, applicable w.e.f. 1 July 2017 (or as may be specified in respective Rules).