Rule 110 of ‘Central Goods and Services Tax (CGST) Rules 2017’: Appeal to the Appellate Tribunal
Provisions under Rule 110 of the Central Goods and Services Tax (CGST) Rules, 2017 relating to “Appeal to the Appellate Tribunal”, are as under:
CGST Rule 110: Appeal to the Appellate Tribunal (Chapter-XIII: Appeals and Revision)
(1) An appeal to the Appellate Tribunal under sub-section (1) of section 112 shall be filed along with the relevant documents either electronically or otherwise as may be notified by the Registrar, in FORM GST APL-05, on the common portal and a provisional acknowledgement shall be issued to the appellant immediately.
(2) A memorandum of cross-objections to the Appellate Tribunal under sub-section (5) of section 112 shall be filed either electronically or otherwise as may be notified by the Registrar, in FORM GST APL-06.
(3) The appeal and the memorandum of cross objections shall be signed in the manner specified in rule 26.
(4) A certified copy of the decision or order appealed against along with fees as specified in sub-rule (5) shall be submitted to the Registrar within seven days of the filing of the appeal under sub-rule (1) and a final acknowledgement, indicating the appeal number shall be issued thereafter in FORM GST APL-02 by the Registrar:
Provided that where the certified copy of the decision or order is submitted within seven days from the date of filing the FORM GST APL-05, the date of filing of the appeal shall be the date of the issue of the provisional acknowledgement and where the said copy is submitted after seven days, the date of filing of the appeal shall be the date of the submission of such copy.
Explanation.– For the purposes of this rule, the appeal shall be treated as filed only when the final acknowledgement indicating the appeal number is issued.
(5) The fees for filing of appeal or restoration of appeal shall be one thousand rupees for every one lakh rupees of tax or input tax credit involved or the difference in tax or input tax credit involved or the amount of fine, fee or penalty determined in the order appealed against, subject to a maximum of twenty five thousand rupees.
(6) There shall be no fee for application made before the Appellate Tribunal for rectification of errors referred to in sub-section (10) of section 112.
Above information is based on Updated Compilation of “CGST Rules 2017” (as amended upto 10 Sept. 2018) shared by CBIC (i.e. as notified/ amended upto 10 Sept. 2018 by the CBIC). For detailed information/ subsequent updates, please refer relevant Notifications.
It may be noted that Rules 27 to 138 (pertaining to various Chapters) of the Central Goods and Services Tax (CGST) Rules, 2017 were initially notified by CBIC (CBEC) vide CGST (2nd Amendment) Rules, 2017 Notification No. 10/2017 Central Tax dt. 28 June 2017, applicable w.e.f. 1 July 2017 (or as may be specified in respective Rules).