Provisions under Rule 19 of the Central Goods and Services Tax (CGST) Rules, 2017 relating to “Amendment of Registration”, are as under:
CGST Rule 19: Amendment of Registration (Chapter-III: Registration Rules)
(1) Where there is any change in any of the particulars furnished in the application for registration in FORM GST REG 01 or FORM GST REG 07 or FORM GST REG 09 or FORM GST REG 10 or for Unique Identity Number in FORM GST REG 13, either at the time of obtaining registration or Unique Identity Number or as amended from time to time, the registered person shall, within a period of fifteen days of such change, submit an application, duly signed or verified through electronic verification code, electronically in FORM GST REG 14, along with the documents relating to such change at the common portal, either directly or through a Facilitation Centre notified by the Commissioner:
(a) where the change relates to,-
(i) legal name of business;
(ii) address of the principal place of business or any additional place(s) of business; or
(iii) addition, deletion or retirement of partners or directors, Karta, Managing Committee, Board of Trustees, Chief Executive Officer or equivalent, responsible for the day to day affairs of the business,-
which does not warrant cancellation of registration under section 29, the proper officer shall, after due verification, approve the amendment within a period of fifteen working days from the date of the receipt of the application in FORM GST REG 14 and issue an order in FORM GST REG 15 electronically and such amendment shall take effect from the date of the occurrence of the event warranting such amendment;
(b) the change relating to sub-clause (i) and sub-clause (iii) of clause (a) in any State or Union territory shall be applicable for all registrations of the registered person obtained under the provisions of this Chapter on the same Permanent Account Number;
(c) where the change relates to any particulars other than those specified in clause (a), the certificate of registration shall stand amended upon submission of the application in FORM GST REG 14 on the common portal;
(d) where a change in the constitution of any business results in the change of the Permanent Account Number of a registered person, the said person shall apply for fresh registration in FORM GST REG 01:
Provided further that any change in the mobile number or e-mail address of the authorised signatory submitted under this rule, as amended from time to time, shall be carried out only after online verification through the common portal in the manner provided under
the said rule sub-rule (2) of rule 8.
(1A) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-rule (1), any particular of the application for registration shall not stand amended with effect from a date earlier than the date of submission of the application in FORM GST REG 14 on the common portal except with the order of the Commissioner for reasons to be recorded in writing and subject to such conditions as the Commissioner may, in the said order, specify.
(2) Where the proper officer is of the opinion that the amendment sought under sub-rule (1) is either not warranted or the documents furnished therewith are incomplete or incorrect, he may, within a period of fifteen working days from the date of the receipt of the application in FORM GST REG 14, serve a notice in FORM GST REG 03, requiring the registered person to show cause, within a period of seven working days of the service of the said notice, as to why the application submitted under sub-rule (1) shall not be rejected.
(3) The registered person shall furnish a reply to the notice to show cause, issued under sub-rule (2), in FORM GST REG 04, within a period of seven working days from the date of the service of the said notice.
(4) Where the reply furnished under sub-rule (3) is found to be not satisfactory or where no reply is furnished in response to the notice issued under sub-rule (2) within the period prescribed in sub-rule (3), the proper officer shall reject the application submitted under sub-rule (1) and pass an order in FORM GST REG 05.
(5) If the proper officer fails to take any action,-
(a) within a period of fifteen working days from the date of submission of the application, or
(b) within a period of seven working days from the date of the receipt of the reply to the notice to show cause under sub-rule (3),
the certificate of registration shall stand amended to the extent applied for and the amended certificate shall be made available to the registered person on the common portal.
1. In second proviso to sub-rule (1), the text ‘the said rule’ substituted with the text ‘sub-rule (2) of rule 8’ vide Central Tax Notification 7/2017 dt. 27/06/2017, w.e.f. 22/06/2017.
2. CGST Rule 19(1A) inserted vide Central Tax Notification 75/2017 dt. 29/12/2017.
Note: The CGST Rules 2017 along with the prescribed Forms were initially notified vide Central Tax Notifications 3/2017 dt. 19/06/2017 (Rule 1 to 26), 10/2017 dt. 28/06/2017 (Rules 27 to 138) and 15/2017 dt. 01/07/2017 (Rules 139 to 162). These Rules/ Forms were subsequently amended by CBIC through various Notifications issued from time to time. Information on this page is a Rule-wise compilation of Amendments made by all such Notifications upto 29/12/2021, with best possible efforts for accuracy. In any case, E&OE. For official/ updated information, please visit CBIC website.
|CBIC Updates (GST)|
|GST Circulars, Notifications, Press Releases, Orders, etc. issued by the Central Board of Indirect Taxes & Customs (CBIC) in different years, along with Section-wise/ Rule-wise Text of GST Acts/ Rules:|
|CGST: CGST Act/ Definitions, CGST Rules, GST Forms|
|IGST: IGST Act/ Definitions, IGST Rules|
|UTGST: UTGST Act/ Definitions, UTGST Rules|
|CBIC Circulars (CGST/ IGST/ UTGST): 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017|
|CBIC GST Instructions: 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017|
|CBIC CGST Notifications: 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017|
|CBIC CGST Rate Notifications: 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017|
|CBIC IGST Notifications: 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017|
|CBIC IGST Rate Notifications: 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017|
|CBIC UT Tax/ UTGST Notifications: 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017|
|CBIC UT Tax/ UTGST Rate Notifications: 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017|
|CBIC Compensation Cess Notifications: 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017|
|CBIC Compensation Cess Rate Notifications: 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017|
|CBIC Orders (CGST/ IGST/ UTGST): 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017|
|CBIC Press Releases: 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017|
|GST Portal/ Network (GSTN) Updates|
|Note: For Official/ updated copy, please visit the CBIC website.|